Web Hosting makes your site accessible to people on the internet. If you are thinking of starting a business of your own, then it is a great choice to start a hosting business. Starting their own business might seem to appear simple to some and hard for many. But the fact is that there is huge competition and equal chances of success and growth when you add a hosting business to your existing platform.
It is much easier than you think to get started with your website business. There are only a few things that are needed to have your website up and running! And most people are unaware of it!
How To Start Your Hosting Business in 6 Easy Steps:
1. Identify Your Business Category:
Before you start your hosting business, it is very important to figure out your niche because there is a high competition in the web hosting market. You will be recognised only when you don’t follow the crowd and do something unique. By figuring out an out of the box niche and offering excellent services, you will be able to fulfil people’s needs to a great extent. Providing additional services will give you an added advantage over other companies and keep you ahead in the competition.
2. Know Your Competitors:
Once you have set up a suitable niche for your hosting business, it is important to figure out your competitors within the category you have chosen. Keep your work so unique that your competitors don’t get a clue to compete with you. Keeping track of your competitors and seeing how they’re working will allow you to identify your weaknesses and improve yourself.
3. Select the Type of Hosting Server Type:
You can choose your hosting server based on your business requirements. There exist two types hosting platforms:
- Windows Hosting: It is a web hosting server that runs Windows Operating System. It allows running of ASP scripts, supports Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access, and allows the usage of .Net.
- Linux Hosting: It is an open-source operating system in which web hosting is done by using a Linux-based server. Linux hosting refers to shared hosting. It supports Postgre SQL and MySQL databases. It allows running of Pearl, PHP, and Python scripts.
4. Choose an Appropriate Web Hosting Plan:
When it comes to choosing a server type for your hosting business, there are different options to choose from. You’re required to choose the one that holds good for your business needs:
- Dedicated Hosting: It is evident from the name that a dedicated server is a server that is dedicated to a single client. It is thereby faster, more secure, and expensive. It is most suitable for large businesses and websites with more traffic. It allows maximum customization, configuration, and flexibility.
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting allows you to share the server with other website owners but also provides security through secured login credentials. This type of hosting is affordable because the cost of operating the server is shared between all the website owners.
- Cloud Hosting: Public cloud hosting is suitable for websites with fluctuating traffic. This type of web hosting can be used by small eCommerce portals, newsletters, blogs, and start-up companies. Cloud hosting supports the working of multiple virtual servers simultaneously.
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server Hosting): In this type of hosting, a single server is divided into several virtual systems so that each unit operates independently. This hosting method is most suitable for those who have just started a hosting business. It is cost effective but has limited features with respect to security aspects.
5. Establish a Solid Business Model:
This is the most crucial step in a website hosting business. If your business model is great, you will attract more and more customers and your business can reach new heights.
Here are the major things that you must focus on while creating a business model:
- Build Your Brand: This phase of web hosting is really interesting because you will be framing your company name, giving a tagline to your business, and designing a logo that will represent your business. Choose a name which is unique and make sure that the name you have chosen portrays your business niche easily to even a layman.
- Design your website: Your website is the face of your business. It is important to design your website beautifully because it has direct impact on how your brand is perceived by the audience. A well-designed website helps you to create a good impression on your customers. The quality of your website denotes the quality of services that your business provides. So, design your website as best as you can.
- Set up a Pricing Catalog: Start listing your pricing plans by determining your business goals. It is important to perform market analysis by comparing your pricing to the pricing of other businesses in the market that of a similar niche. Price is one of the main criteria which customers always have in mind while choosing between different products and services. Thus, setting a cost-effective pricing catalog will make your business good to go.
6. Provide a 24/7 Customer Support:
Provision of Customer Support and Service must be considered as a top priority for your new hosting business. Customer satisfaction determines how well your business is able to meet the customer expectations. If your customers are satisfied, they are happy and willing to do business with your company again and again. Offering multi-channel support, collecting customer feedbacks, performing regular checks to monitor customer satisfaction, and replying to all customer feedbacks will help achieve the goal of providing customer satisfaction. Happy customers lead to successful business.
Yes! Your website is Now Ready to Get Live!
Now that you know all the prerequisites needed to get started with your hosting business, you can start your website today! There is nothing to fear or to get discouraged. Get started now and try hosting a website with your preferred hosting server type.